Do most ballet shows use a recording instead of a live orchestra?

I recently purchased two tickets to see the Russian Nutcracker in December and was very surprised to read reviews online afterwards saying that this particular show uses a recording instead of live music. I looked into it and apparently some traveling companies do use recordings instead of an orchestra and was... show more I recently purchased two tickets to see the Russian Nutcracker in December and was very surprised to read reviews online afterwards saying that this particular show uses a recording instead of live music. I looked into it and apparently some traveling companies do use recordings instead of an orchestra and was curious if this is common. I’m not too familiar with ballet and this will be the second time I go so I was interested as the tickets I bought were on the pricier side. Is it real ballet if there’s no orchestra?