Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

Thoughts on this wedding dress for the beach?

I'm having destination wedding in may or june of 2021 in mexico (still looking at venues), I really like this dress (open back/sparkly/fitted) but I'm worried maybe it's not suitable for the beach & I won't be comfortable/too hot in it? Or am I just overthinking? also thoughts on the dress? thank you !

Update:

more pics!

Https://pin.it/wkmvxy4z6i4cfz

https://pin.it/xsxdlmkv22kjnj

https://pin.it/hxozieqvadnfpz

Attachment image

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

First of all, you may not realize it, but the expense to hem that gown is going to cost quite a bit as it has to be hemmed from a seam at the top of the skirt in order to preserve the hemline.

Secondly, that dress is going to get trashed and full of sand. As you feet sink into the sand, the photos will show a dress that looks too long as well.

You will be hot, no doubt. Those dresses have layers of linings that are all made out of 100% polyester, a fabric that does not breathe and will cause you to be very hot.

With that being said, this dress is not a beach appropriate dress, especially in Mexico in the height of the summer when it is going to be very hot outside. Think: you have sunbathed before, right? How hot do you think you would get if you wore that dress on a day you would typically lay on a towel and catch some sun at the beach? Yeah, too hot, eh?

Have you checked out the bridal dress section at Anthropology? There are some great beach appropriate choices and the prices are fantastic as well. Don't forget to check out the bridesmaids dresses as some could very well be great for the bride.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you're laying down some kind of flooring that would be lovely. But think about that beautiful hemline dragging in the sand. That dress could be workable but you'd have to plan the beach venue properly.

• 5 months ago

Lovely dress but it may feel hot and heavy -- plus the bottom will be ruined by sand, dirt, and surf.  If you don't mind sweating, dragging it through the sand, and. it getting trashed, then you should select it.  IF those are concerns for you, look for less structured dresses that are lighter and shorter. 

I'd also suggest that you hold off on selecting a dress.  You don't have a venue or a date selective -- and your time frame is 20 months away.  You generally y don't need that long to get a dress and your preferences -- and what's available -- could change.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not for a beach. Try and find a nice shorter wedding dress where its not gonna get sand and saltwater on the bottom.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I'm with everyone else. It's pretty, but not at all practical. Part of what makes it so pretty is the way it flows, meaning you wouldn't want to get it and then try to shorten it. Also, depending where in Mexico you go, you're dealing with a tropical or sub tropical climate, meaning you could end up dragging it that through wet sand or mud. Storms don't last long, but they do pop up frequently!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Really nice dress

• 5 months ago

Nice dress...it does look hot for the beach. Maybe they can take some of the lining out of it 😉. Good Luck and congratulations.

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

What ever dress you buy make sure it it hemmed properly. Walking in the sand it is even more important you won’t trip on it.

I just imagine a dress that is more flowing for the beach. Lightweight, airy.

You can always add on rhinestones, sparkle to the gown.

A beautiful dress, but just looks a little heavy for beach wedding.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's a lovely dress, but it looks like it'll be really hot to wear at the beach, and awkward to wear as you hobble along the sand.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i would wear it if you want to

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.