when will there just be equality between men and women and no longer these people assuming feminism means man hating?

i feel like at the same time there is equality between the two but there also isnt and i feel that people are mistaking feminism to be man hating which is no true

thats not what it means and i feel that people are just either using feminism to be man hating or they are just misunderstanding what it means and it makes me upset because as a man i feel i am being hating for things that i have never done. i honestly feel women are equal to men and both should be treated fairly and equal. no one should ever feel that they are inferior or superior to anyone because we are all equal. i have had enough of these man hating women and woman hating men

they are really affecting this society and i feel that we are heading more to a split society between men and women

as a male i totally support the movement of feminism and womens rights equality but i feel like women hating men has nothing to do with it and is pointless to helping them get equality. i as a man thought totally feel that women and men are equal and should have equal rights

Equality between men and women will NEVER happen because women only want to be equal to men when it benefits them.

We inch a little closer to that every day and if people paid more attention to the successes instead of dwelling on the failures we'd be a healthier society all around.

I used to believe this was a goal that we were all working towards. Something to be aspired to.

Gradually I have become ever more disenchanted with humanity. When someone gains power. or some group gains power, they use that power to extract ever more. Not to support equality.

I can have equality with my wife and we have a great life together.

Outside I see women's groups claiming equality but actually fighting against it.

Getting ever further away from the ideal society that I would wish to be a part of.

So the answer I would give to your question is "Never. When Hell freezes over. When politics is an honourable profession. When religion ceases to cause wars and hostility".

Never...........

• Elana

People are not "assuming feminism means man hating". They are watching feminists hate men. They are watching their actions, they are listening to the rhetoric, they are watching the money trail.

I don't care what the dictionary says feminism means. The vast majority of people who say they are feminists are violating the dictionary definition.

Indeed, I have found most of the people who are actually following the dictionary definition identify themselves as egalitarians of some sort and shun the term "feminism". Indeed, the term feminism is polluted with its own origins implying that it only cares about gender from the female perspective.

Equality can’t happen so long as feminists keep winning policies advantaging women.

As soon as it becomes common for feminists to attack the manhaters in their midst, and manbashers get just as many boos from the crowd as womanhaters do, and no feminists dodge the question, make bullshot comments about the dictionary, or make excuses or babble about "irony," you'll be able to beat that stereotype.

But without that? Never.

There's a half-century track record of feminist behavior that MUST be addressed, pretending won't help, it won't just go away.

There's ALWAYS gonna be reactionaries who are against change and say bad things about those who want change, but fer cryin' out loud, don't you think fifty years of GIVING them something bad to say is ENOUGH???

hopefully it will happen soon

I believe that, while most people agree with the idea of gender fairness, third wave feminism was a bridge too far. The message of the loudest voices of TWF no longer represented the majority of women. Unfortunately, that male-bashing message was exactly what anti-women's rights folks needed to brand the entire movement.

• Teva

There already is equality.