Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 months ago

Is it worth fighting this ticket since I never got the ticket in the first place?

I noticed a cop calling a tow truck company to tow my car parked illegally. Since I showed up, he told tow truck not to come and let me drive my car off with no ticket. Five months later, I got a ticket with hefty penalty for not paying the ticket.

• 💜

I feel that it’s worth fighting just to get the penalty removed. I wouldn’t mind paying for the parking ticket itself though. He saved you aggravation and time by canceling the tow truck. It’s clear that you are guilty of parking illegally

• Bruce

It is almost certain the ticket was on your car. You just didn't see it. That is not a legal defense. You certainly can't say you didn't know you were parked illegally.

You are LYING. The ticket was on your car SEVERAL DAYS before the tow.

it might be if you want to try and fight it

i would try to fight it

PAY...... the two dollars. Your word against his.... guess who will win. However, I would a least show up in court. You might get lucky.

• ricky

Did you sign a ticket?