What are Medicare and Medicaid and Obamacare compared to the UK's NHS?

I'm from the UK and here we have the NHS which is where you pay taxes to have free healthcare. Our health isn't really free but it's payed though tax so everyone gets it. But in America you have to pay. I'm autistic so I don't really understand this but my Dad says in america if your sick you... show more I'm from the UK and here we have the NHS which is where you pay taxes to have free healthcare. Our health isn't really free but it's payed though tax so everyone gets it. But in America you have to pay.

I'm autistic so I don't really understand this but my Dad says in america if your sick you die and doctors don't care. That sounds so mean. But when I look if that's true I read about Medicare and Medicaid and Obamacare but my dad says they are crap but he won't tell me why. What are they? and are they a little similar to our NHS?

Please make the answers easy to understand.