Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 months ago

is it illegal to pretend I'm dumber than I am to get into more easier classes?

purposely fail state tests to make my teachers think I belong in remedial classes would it be fraud. its an easy A no effort required

I dont think employers check individual grades they just check to see if you have diploma.All I need to pass a course is a D.

I know this is a joke, but I can relate to it, so I'm going to answer it somewhat seriously.

I failed the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th grades for not participating ...basically "acting" dumb. At that time, there was something called "social promotion", so I was passed up to the next grade after meeting with a psychologist and doing some other crap.

I also failed the 5th grade, but "social promotion" had been discontinued, so I had to repeat the grade. I was even in special education for a short while, where I was required to take IQ tests and interpret ink blots.

I went on screwing around, and also failed the 7th, 9th and 12th grades. I was even in English as a second language, even though I spoke no other language.

Eventually, I graduated from high school mid-term ...or was *graduated*, I should say. I know I didn't pass on my own. I was just quietly shuffled out the door.

Years later, when I decided to go to community college, I had to take multiple remedial classes to get to college level. Other than that, there's not been any negative effect on my life. I certainly have never been arrested or put on trial.

No, it's not illegal per se. But it is a pretty stupid thing to do. Do you really want to spend the best years of your life flipping burgers at Mickey D's or being a greeter at Walmart? Because that's likely where you'll end up- assuming, that is, you don't wind up in prison or dead from a car accident.

Have fun with your career in fast food.

It's impossible to pretend to be dumber when you are already as dumb as it's possible to get.

• Sally

yes that is illegal.

If you do that someone will shoot you down like a dog

no due process

• Laurie

If you regularly say things like “more easier”... I wouldn’t say you are pretending.

it might not be but it might be unethical

it might be if youre doing it on purpose

• horst

If you pretended you are dumber than you are you would be a rock.

It is not illegal for you to sabotage your own future, no.  Unwise.  But not illegal.  Though, judging from the grammar in your question, I don't think you're committing as much of a deception as you imagine you are.