How do I know what’s wrong with me?

I know I need group therapy. When I started my AP Psychology class, we had to do a presentation. In the end, we had to explain why we’re into Psychology. I ended up explaining a little too long about a personal issue to 30-some classmates. I lost all my friends and my family either tells me to deal with it or... show more I know I need group therapy.

When I started my AP Psychology class, we had to do a presentation. In the end, we had to explain why we’re into Psychology. I ended up explaining a little too long about a personal issue to 30-some classmates.

I lost all my friends and my family either tells me to deal with it or isn’t much help at all when I confide in them so I don’t really have anyone to talk to.

I don’t want a one-on-one with someone who can barely grasp my situation. I want to feel the comfort of other people relating. And although I’m in the same situation myself, I want to be able to comfort others too. To tell them that they’ll be okay.

I know I need group therapy.
But I don’t know what issue I need help with.

I have so much going on. But I’m not sure if it’s because of a trauma I had when I was 4, my recent issue that caused me to spiral into depression or some other mental problem.

I can’t go to a personal psychologist, I don’t really have the time for it nor do I believe my dad will pay for it (he’s a strict, cheap asian). Moreover, I’ve seen a school councilor/psychologist, which is basically the same thing, and they’re no help whatsoever. Just telling me the same things I always hear from everyone. It’s not genuine.

So how do I know what’s wrong with me? If I know what’s wrong with me, then I could find the right group therapy and maybe join them in a few months.