is windows 10 really as bad as many report?

to be honest, i'm dreading upgrading to windows 10 due to the ''reports'' i hear about it, that it- looks terrible visually, looks more corporate and bland and less creative and colourful than windows 7....forced updates which can mess everything up, and even erase precious media files, and other disastrous things..

i have a windows 7 desktop pc, custom built, and i plan on trying to stay with windows 7 as long as i can....i do not want to upgrade or in this case, downgrade.

anyone have any thoughts on any of this?

Yes, as far as I'm concerned.

However Windows 7 will not "stop working", the lack of support from Microsoft is pretty irrelevant.

Windows has only ever been something like secure when behind a router firewall and with good antivirus and antimalware - and nothing changes with that.

if you don't want windows 10 try reactos its a windows clone!

I feel it is awesome

it’s not too terrible

This guy is a troll. He's been asking this same question or similar for about 2 years. He uses his excuse of "needing a lot of reassurance" as his justification for asking his BS al the time.

• keerok

You have a solid plan. Stick with it.

• Dick

Support for Win 7 ends in January... good luck with it after that !!!

Yes, I'd say Windows 10 is definitely one step down visually from Windows 7's UI. The 3D Aeroglass look in Windows 7 was beautiful. The Windows 10 2D look was done to make it easier to work on a smartphone or tablet, but nobody uses Windows smartphones or tablets, so they made it blander for no apparent reason now.

As for bugs and stuff, that's not all that much worse than Windows 7 days. Windows of any version doesn't really have a great track record for reliability. The Windows 10 forced upgrades also don't help it. I have learned a long time ago to backup my Windows stuff, regularly, so I can withstand a lot of Microsoft f*kups, and I already have actually! But it's not any worse than Windows 7's reliability.

However, Windows 7 is already End of Life, there's no further patches being done for it. So it's security is going to suffer. Windows 10's interface though visually inferior to Win7, is pretty much unchanged from Win7, so you won't have any trouble switching to it.

I was recently pretty much forced, kicking and screaming, into a new PC with Windows 10. I dreaded the nightmare I was sure that was about to ensue. To my surprise, it was a pretty smooth transition. While I really loved Windows 7, I would now not go back to it given the opportunity.

Source(s): User of Windows PCs since 3.1.

Windows has always been a resource whore for the device...I don't like 10 for many reasons and would much rather use a custom OS.