Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 months ago

does cancer effect puberty?

hi when i was 2 i can testicular cancer and had a testicle removed, so now being through puberty, im 15, i want to know if having 1 testy effects testosterone levels and reduces puberty effect, is this true

• ron h

Lance Armstrong lost a nut to cancer and he's got 3 or 4 kids and in his racing days, he was healthy and muscular.  I've got a 2nd cousin that I don't really know but he lost a nut to testicular torsion when he was around 15.  I saw a pic of him when he was 22 or 23 and in the army.  He was hairy chested and muscular and had a gf.  I dunno if he's married and got kids, but probably so.   If your dick is big and hairy and you're startin' to see beard, you're OK.  Next time you go to a doctor ask him to get your testosterone checked. 

It can depending on what type of cancer it is. Some cancers can cause the body to secrete more or less of certain hormones that are crucial to puberty.

• Josie

Your good teste has probably upped production.

But like @ bender says = check with your doctor.

• Fred

From my understanding you should develop fine with only one testicle and should still be able to have children.

• Mark

As far as I'm aware, functionality of one testicle is about the same as having both, albeit maybe slightly reduced. Your doctor should be able to give you info on any potential issues.

It might, but if your doctor hasn't put you on hormone replacement therapy... chances are your remaining testicle and the other areas of your body which produce testosterone have taken up the slack for the missing one.

Visit your doc and simply ask him to do a hormone test on you to see if you are at or near normal levels, if so... you shouldn't have anything to worry about