promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 months ago

My boyfriend goes can't get hard with a condom?

He still wants to wear a condom even if I decide to go on birth control because he's too paranoid that I'll get pregnant. We had sex only once (we were both virgins) and the condom felt uncomfortable for him, so it sucked so much for the both of us. He can't last long because he goes limp and I don't know what other option there is. I want a better experience but I don't know what else to do.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Don't fall for that bs. Condom or no sex, until you are on birth control AND he's had an STD test!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Maybe he could get condoms which fit properly

• Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Tell your boyfriend that you're on the birth control pill and you are taking them as directed. It's not necessary for him to wear a condom to prevent pregnancy. Birth control pills prevent ovulation. Because you never ovulate, you can't get pregnant; no matter what.

The failure rate for birth control pills is only .01%.. Failure happens when a woman "forgets" to take several pills during her pill cycle. So, when you're on birth control pills, the responsibility for preventing pregnancy is up to YOU - it's not up to your boyfriend.. .

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

MissA: The hymen? I wasn't aware that we were speaking of hymens. Shut up, MissA. You're spewing again, and you don't know what the heck you're talking about. The Mayo Clinic say B/C are 91% effective as TYPICALLY used. TYPICAL meaning the mistakes that so many women make when they take them.

• alan P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If you use the pill carefully then you have a less than 1% chance per year of getting pregnant without pulling out or other protection.  If condoms are not working for you then you could use diapragms and/or spermicide as a second line of defence but don't rely on these alone if something goes wrong with the pill. 

Using the pill and condoms together protects agianst pregnancy very well and you are taking the responsibilty together.  As others have said you could try different condoms.  If neither of you have had sex before then you should be OK on the STD front.

You could also consider using an implant which is so reliable that using anything else is hardly necessary.  Copper IUD and hormonal IUD also called IUS are also exceptionally reliable.  You cannot forget them or run out and they only have to be replaced every few years or so.

Talk to your boyfriend about this.  Its important that you do somethign that you are both comfortable with.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

alan P: Don't tell MissA that the failure rate for birth control pills is less than 1% a year. She won't believe you & she will tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. She's convinced that B/C pills are only 91% effective at preventing pregnancy. You can't convince her differently.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

He needs to use a condom, if he doesn't you could pass STDs into eachother. If either of you have had sex before you have a high risk of having one, which is why condoms are so important. Birth control is also highly ineffective, 7 people I know that didn't use a condom but used the pill for pregnant, and only one didn't. You will most likely get pregnant, so your boyfriend is correct in using one

• MissA
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There's dozens of condom brands. You guys can shop around until you find one that's more comfy.

Men with erection issues still have hands and mouths. There's plenty of ways to have a delightful sex life that don't necessarily involve penis-in-vagina sex at all. Otherwise nobody would be gay or lesbian.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

get one that fits him . help him put it on and play around a little after it is on

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Could try the thin feel ones, they might make a difference.

• Try different condoms. They're not all the same. His anxiety seems to be the issue more than anything.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.