Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 months ago

I don't know what words to use on this paper. Can someone help?

I have a paper to do for class and part of the instructions say:

Choose one specific type of cancer, it can be one from the diagnosis of a family member, friend or neighbor, or it can just be one you’ve found on google (i.e. Medulla neuroblastoma or renal cell carcinoma). After choosing the specific type of cancer you should go into the library link and find an article you are interested in researching surrounding this particular type of cancer.

This paper should not include pronouns and should be concise. In other words, adjectives and metaphors are inappropriate.

So what words can I use? I searched examples of pronouns and adjectives up and I can't use a lot of words "I" would think the paper needs.

• ?

It sounds like the assignment is strictly to be about the type of cancer you've chosen. Think of it as a SCIENTIFIC PAPER where you define the disease, discuss its symptoms, forms of treatment, and possibly conclude with a few statistics regarding the mortality (survival) rate.

You won't need to supply anecdotes; the assignment wants a concise report.

You won't need to use pronouns; instead of referring to the disease as 'it', refer to it directly by its name.

You won't need to use adjectives; instead of describing possible symptoms and how devastating the symptoms might be, simply list the symptoms.

Hope this helps.

All the assignment is asking of you is to report the facts without adding opinion.  For example:

NO:  I think that brain cancer is the worst cancer to get.

YES:  The CDC reports that brain cancer has the highest rate of mortality.

Ask your teacher if "he/she/it" wants it in English or Latin.