sienna asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 months ago

Small hole in my genitalia?

So I’m female, and I noticed today that like above my vagina I have this small flat of skin, and it has a tiny tiny hole in it. I’m starting to think it could be my urine hole (sorry I know I sound so dumb I’m just paranoid) but it looks swollen (I had sex a couple hours ago) and burnt when I peed, I forgot to pee straight after sex so could this be a sign of a UTI? And is the small hole thing my pee hole? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

so you are correct-that is where the urine leaves your body --through your urethra--and you have a lovely case of " honeymoon cystitis"  this happens because the urethra is close to the vagina and the movement causes irritation and inflammation.  go see a dr. so they can make sure there is no bacteria!  until then drink gobs of water to flush--and if you can lay your hands on some azo (send boyfriend to drugstore)--that will help the pain.  also take some ibuprofen--avoid caffeine (coffee and chocolate and cola!)  pouring some warm water over that area as you pee will also help a little.

• sienna10 months agoReport

Thank you so much!!! X

• Edna

The "opening" you see slightly above the external opening to your vagina is probably your urinary opening (your "pee hole", if you will). 

If it appears to be somewhat swollen and it hurts when you pee, you probably have a common urinary tract infection.  A UTI is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, and anyone (man or woman) can develop one. UTI's have nothing to do with whether you have sex, or whether you don't.  See your doctor, and he'll prescribe some antibiotics that will quickly cure it.

• D_21

Yes, and yes. You found your urethral opening (pee hole.) It does sound like a urinary tract infection. Drink a TON of water. Pee every hour on the hour for like a day. See if you can flush it out without having to go to a doctor. If it continues to burn before/during/after urination for a couple days then definitely go see a medical professional for some antibiotics.

Peeing straight after sex does nothing.... i wonder why people think it prevents something?

And it's your urethra you see. It might help if you educated yourself on female sexual anatomy or the female genital anatomy.

I'm not sure why people come here to ask these questions when all the answers are on the internet.

Educate yourself about your own body.

• D_21

Peeing after sex helps flush foreign bacteria out of the urethra/urinary tract.

• Elle