promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

Can I get into a 3rd tier 108 ranked law school with a 2.1 GPA and a 140 LSAT University of Louisville law school?

I’m African American

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Unless there were extraordinary circumstances which caused you to graduate with only a 2.1 GPA, I would recommend that you choose a different path. Even if you could get in with a 2.1, your chances of success in law school (let alone passing the bar exam) would be very low.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Probably not, but even if you did, there's a glut of lawyers on the market. You need to attend a GOOD law school to get a first job in the field.

And with your grades and score, you won't be able to handle law school, even at a third rate school.

• 8 months ago

It's highly unlikely given your low grades and your SAT score. Here is one law school predictor (there are others) where you can predict your chances of admission at various schools: https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/UGPALSAT/UG...

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

i dont see why not, just try it and see

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Even if they were to accept you (unlikely) going to a law school ranked 108 will never get you a job as a lawyer when you graduate. Don't waste your money.

By the way, you never want to tell law firms that you are a hyphenated American. Apparently it confuses them. So skip the African American part.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. Not with a 2.1 GPA. The average LSAT score for the school is 153, while the average GPA is 3.4.

• 8 months ago

Do they lock the door? You won't be able to get in if they lock the door.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.