why do you have to pay to look at rent to own listings?

I want to get a rent to own place with my husband, but just to browse at listings every site I go to asks that you pay and become a member..... Why?

The sites that ask that are scams. So are most rent to owns. The buyer/ tenant usually gets screwed & never owns anything. This is not a good way to buy unless you have poor credit or something making it your only option to buy. If you have other options - USE THEM!

You would be better off with a lease with the option to purchase.  With a rent to own you don't get title until it's paid in full.  In the mean time several "what if's" could occur.  The seller doesn't pay taxes, defaults on his mortgage, can't convey marketable title and more.

Because rent to own is a scam from the start anyway.

Place your own ad, looking for a rent to own place. You set the terms and price

• Pam

Never pay for that! That's ridiculous and a waste of money. Simply find a realtor who will show you houses with owners who want to "rent to own" or rent with the option to buy (same thing). Goo d luck.

cause they want to make money off you

Most rent to own are scams

Those are scam sites. I was stupid enough to join one of them. Every listing that I looked at required you to have a credit score high enough to be able to qualify for the rent-to-own program and then they try to sell you the Lexington law firm credit repair program.

Because everyone has bills to pay.