How long should you wait to drink alcohol after getting off of antidepressants?

I was just currently taken off of Wellbutrin and I was wondering what the typical time frame was to be able to drink alcohol again

• blank

Talk to your doctor. It varies from person to person.

Having been depressed enough to be taking antidepressants, shouldn't you think very carefully about drinking alcohol at all. Alcohol is a depressant.

i would ask your doctor or a pharmacist this question

So you just took antidepressants to cure depression I would imagine or perhaps you took the Wellbutrin to help you stop smoking now you're going to go back to depression drugs that really makes a lot of sense!

• CB

Ask you doctor not a bunch of dumbass strangers on the internet who have no idea about the particulars of you medication, dosage, etc.

• polly

In my opinion,other than having the occasional glass of wine with dinner or alcohol reduced drinks at social functions,you should do your best to abstain from alcohol in general.

Alcohol is a significant depressant that can exacerbate & relapse depressive symptoms