Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 10 months ago

Can I get a front end alignment with 3 bad tires?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, tires have nothing to do with an alignment. Bad tires can cause issues but it can still be aligned. I would however wait until I bought new tires to have it aligned.

• ...Show all comments
    • P & W9 months agoReport

this is Separate issue from their: "ability" to do it, or: "if it holds long enough to get better tires".It WILL. Just common sense to wait., as it works so much better.  And, shop will guarantee it. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Yes. I have.

It  works best with good ones.  The mechanic will point out the bad ones and try to sell you new ones. Don't believe him if he says he can't unless he sells you new tires, too. If  your tires are worn bald or  over 10 years old; many tire shops won't align or even rotate  wheels in theses cases.

Firestone denied me a free rotation coupon simply on tire AGE, not tread wear or exposed cords or anything.

• Zany
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

Yeah, but why would you?

• 10 months ago

You can, but it is a WASTE of time and money. You need to get another alignment after you get good tires.

• ...Show all comments

Some shops wont do it if tires too worn or over  10 years old. This is  separate issue from "ability" to align or it "holding long enough   until you  can afford better tires". 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

i would ask a mechanic about it

• 10 months ago

Yes, but you will be wasting your money.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Sure, but it's a waste of money to do it.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You can but it would be a waste of money have your tires and your suspension repaired and then do your front end alignment

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It is usually recommended that you replace bad tires before you get an alignment. Bad tires can cause the car to pull even if the alignment is done properly and result in comebacks that the mechanics would rather avoid.

• ...Show all comments

No Dan, it is because bad tires can be unsafe, and they cant guarantee work nor be responsible  if accident.Many shops wont touch 'em if worn, exposed cords, or over 10 years old for these reasons.,

• Rick
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

yep, the alignment uses the WHEEL, not the tire, for accuracy ..................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.