Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

Why don't Catholics allow immediate absolution for sins? Why do they make you go through a priest?

Because it made people dependent on the church first. Which means the church had a lot of power and control over illiterate people. So they loved it and murdered everyone that disagreed with their tarnished beliefs. 

Source(s): Ex-Catholic
  • k w

control freaks........

They do not want you to read 1 John 1:9.

Only mortal sins have to be confessed to a priest. A Catholic can have the grace to do this by reciting the rosary every day with care.

Because Jesus said so. And it works.

In Catholic teaching, the Sacrament of Penance is the method of the Church by which individual men and women confess sins committed after baptism and have them absolved by God through the administration of a Priest.

There is no prohibition against confessing your sins directly to Jesus. However, for the spiritually weak, a priest here on Earth may be helpful.

After Jesus rose from the dead he then breathed on the apostles.

“This is a verse that is often passed over, but it has extraordinary significance because it is only the second time in all of Scripture where God breathes on anyone. The other instance was at the moment of creation, when God breathed his own life into the nostrils of Adam. This should tell us that something of great importance is taking place. Upon doing this, Jesus said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20:22–23).

Notice that Jesus is not simply commissioning the apostles to preach about God’s forgiveness. He is not saying, “Go tell everyone that when God forgives men’s sins, they’re forgiven.” In using the second person plural you, Jesus is telling his apostles that by the power of the Holy Spirit he has given them the power to forgive and retain the sins of men. “

I thought it was the other way around.

“The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, " Papa," Part. 2, translated.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate [to abolish, do away with, or annul] laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

VS

What God said

"I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah" (Psalm 32:5).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The belief of confessing to a man is about effective as the powerless water baptism the roman catholic church has made mankind believe just like all the other LYING doctrines all 'Christian' denominations took with them when they >>>SHOT OFF<<< from that LYING "WHORE" (Revelation 17:5)!

With the belief in a 3 headed god called a "trinity" (I Corinthians 12:6)

With the belief in setting up "tables" as they did under the "FIRST COVENANT" (Hebrews 9:1-2)

With the belief in a powerless water baptism (Matthew 28:19) although Jesus said "Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5) gives "POWER" (Acts 1:8) with Ephesians 4:5 saying "one baptism" and Jesus told us which "one" in Acts 1:5!

The "WHORE" (Revelation 17:5) KILLED everyone who claims Christianity today because mankind believes all of that SHYT!

They're just skipping on down the "wide road to destruction" (Matthew 7:13-14) believing I'm saved by "grace alone through faith alone" and DON'T HAVE EITHER!

POOR "FOOLS!"

I don't think sins should be absolved so easily. I think it should always stay with you, so you aspire to outweigh it with good deeds.

It's more profitable that way.  If people could have a direct relationship with God, Catholics might get upset.  In fact they did during the Reformation.  Big time upset.  They tortured and killed a lot of people who didn't agree with them.