Should i move abroad?

Hi! I'm a 21 y/o college student who's been living in the states almost my whole life. I'm extremely fascinated with both Canada and Japan, hopefully can move to one of these places one day. But, I have a worry on my mind. I did move out the house once. About 2 years ago, I was in a bad place in my life... show more Hi! I'm a 21 y/o college student who's been living in the states almost my whole life. I'm extremely fascinated with both Canada and Japan, hopefully can move to one of these places one day. But, I have a worry on my mind. I did move out the house once. About 2 years ago, I was in a bad place in my life and I moved all the way to North Dakota (Dont ask me why ND hahah) and i also brought a friend with me who was also willing to come live with me. Long story short we didn't even last a full year, we left 9 months in in our apartment contract. There were times where we just missed our friends and families. We got so depressed because we didn't know anybody. Our apartment was a complete mess. We were a mess, physically and mentally. I've never seen myself that low in my life. Anyways, im worried that later in my life if i do decide to move abroad, I will sink back down in that hole. due to the fact that naturally im a hermit and i barely go out, so meeting new people is hard for me. Should i just live near my family the rest of my life? Because funny enough we all live near each other haha, my two brothers and their families live like 5 mins away from me and my parents, i still live with them.
10 answers 10