Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 months ago

What's wrong with being interested in World War II?

It was the largest, bloodiest war in history and shaped the modern world. I am not sad or old or obsessed with it. Projection?

No, because most French people weren't born then. It's only sad old farts like you still obsessed with WW2.

Mr Sceptic · 3 hours ago

Comment 2 0

Nothing, I find it fascinating, I would have fought on the NAZI side if around then simply because they were fighting the Brits and the enemy of my enemy is always my friend

You say you are "very" interested in WW2, who in your opinion contributed the most in winning the war for the allies.

Most are dead wrong when answering this question.

It’s not news or current events. Ask your WW2 questions in the history section.

You seem to think the French people should carry some collective guilt over the war. There’s being interested in WW2, and there’s referencing every current event with it. Which one is you?

• griggle

Bingo

Nothing, WWII is very interesting, but it's not a current event by any means so people probably get annoyed if you're asking questions about WWII on this section. Try History or Military.

I suppose it would have been like someone in 1988 dwelling obsessively on the First World War which ended 70 years before. To me WW2 is part of history and films made about it are like period dramas. Nothing wrong with that as it was such an important event. Today's interest is boosted by the fact that nearly all of the participants of WW2 have now died and it is passing out of living memory and into recorded history. Most of the secret papers have been released, but conspiracy theories about mysterious Nazi super-powers are still circulating. Not least in the gaming arena.