promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Social Etiquette question.....when having dinner friends.....does the cellphone go on the left or the right of the plate?

Update:

Holy cow..........hot topic! This is the most answers I've gotten in over a year!

Update 2:

Thanks to all who answered........wish I could you all best answer. !

YES, the question was tongue in cheek...........after sitting thru another dinner with friends, where no one spoke to each other, and everyone was fiddling with their phones and sharing videoes and swapping meme's....and texting each other, across the table. Honestly, I don't know why I bother anymore. I am the only one at the table without a phone.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

they don't go on the table at all----but you knew that...right????

I don't get why you would all get together and then sit on the phone with other people who weren't invited???

• Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Yes, Kate..........precisely my point. Of COURSE *I* know that.........now would you please explain that to my cellphone addicted Italian friends. Apparently phones are now as essential as the cutlery.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

the left side since people use more cutlery on the right and food particles, spills, stains and debris often fall on the same side than on the left which is cleaner.

• 8 months ago

The cellphone goes wherever you want it to go

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

unless you are expecting an urgent call or text, they belong in a coat pocket or purse, and not on the table.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You have made a mistake with the way you asked your question.

The question should be, which pocket should your cell phone go in.

Only idiots keep their phones out on a dining table during a meal, as one then risks the phone getting wet from a spilled drink or perhaps a dollop of mashed potatoes. LOL

• 9 months ago

I leave mine at home. Problem solved.

• 9 months ago

You ever put it down?

• Lita
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

The cellphone shouldn't be on the table at all. The cellphone should be put away.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

it stays home so youre not getting calls when youre having dinner with friends

• Brian
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They go in the kitchen drawer for the evening.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

get a helmet with a handle so it's right in front of your face. that way you still have both hands available.

• Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

I am surprised no one has invented that yet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.