How many gallons does one goldfish need to survive?
10 gallon tank and every time I buy a goldfish it never survives that long...what am I doing wrong?
- 8 months ago
Any type of goldfish would need atleast 40 gallons to thrive
- OcimomLv 78 months ago
ONE goldfish should have a minimum of 25-30 gallons and a strong filter as they are messy fish. Each goldfish after that should have an additional 10-15 gallons. Most goldfish don't survive long because their tanks are too small and their growth is stunted.
- IvaLv 58 months ago
IT DEPENDS THE SISES OF THIS GOLDFISH!!!
- noselessmanLv 78 months ago
You need to fishless cyle the tank before getting fish.
You need to carefully acclimate the fish.
1 fancy goldfish requires 20 gallons, If you want more then one fish, your tank needs to be 10 gallons larger for each additional fish. And your filter should be good for almost double then the tank you are using.
1. Common, feeder, fair prize, goldfish need MUCH more room then fancy goldfish, a pond is recomended. These fish are beautiful, and hardy, but generally they arebred, handled and fed very poorly and you should not have high expectations for them. Ane please to not play the games at the fair that give them away as prizes, it is disgusting animal abuse!
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- NathanLv 48 months ago
They need a 20 gallon tank. However, they also need filters and they are prone to high levels of stress so the death can also be due to that. Are you vaccinating them before putting them in the tank? Are you feeling them the correct food?
If you search Google you can find useful information on this
- Nekkid Truth!Lv 78 months ago
Goldfish get large and also produce a lot of ammonia.. You need a large tank. They are also a cold water fish, not tropical.. They dont need a heater.
- Aster RhoidsLv 78 months ago
You are not responsible.
- Anonymous8 months ago
You need a 30 gallon tank or larger. Goldfish can get pretty big.
Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish?
- JetDocLv 78 months ago
Maybe you should FEED the goldfish once in a while.
- Anonymous8 months ago
Well, we wouldn't have a clue. So far the only inormation we've gleaned is that you've bought a fish and given it some water and a tank......not really much to go on to answer what you are doing wrong, so far, so good, fish need water.