If you were a chef in a nice restaurant, what dishes would you make?

I would insist on making fresh seafood---its hard to get fresh seafood where I am--but not impossible-most places don't make the effort-and I am picky about my seafood.

• james

Depends on what people eat in the area. Cheap eats is a good example. He is a master rice chef. Changes menu daily on some things. So a very cheap place to eat. Good rice. Next to the university so he packs in college students. A big plate of good tasting cheap food. That is filling. If at the old Dutch dock. Sea food or European food brings them in. Old stile food like sour dough bread with Tuna belly & split pea soup a local rhum drink with it. A Captains fare. On wooden ships. You need make your buyers happy.

Farm to table organic produce, items my customers have only heard of (or not) where they can experience them prepared well, high quality ingredients used in baking, no processed, cheaper substitutes.

Of course it would depend on what type of restaurant it was. But I enjoy making spinach quiche to impress people.

• denise

Pork fillet medallions in a mushroom & mustard sauce.

Teryaki belly pork with stir fried mushroom & chive noodles.

Goats cheese & red bell pepper quiche.

I was a chef in a nice restaurant. The chef makes what the owner wants served but a good owner will work with a chef to develop a delicious menu.

The restaurant I worked at was Alsatian and featured foods from Alsace, like potato galletes, rouladin, Rote kohl, braised kraut, spaetzle, Yeager schnitzel, kuchan, zacher torte, with other specialties the owner liked to try seasonally.

• CB

None, I would make the sous-chefs do the work and I would bitchslap them when they messed up my recipes.

• CB

Satire is lost on you - but if you have ever been is a high volume kitchen my comment isn't too far off the mark.

All meat based dishes. Even the vegetables will have bacon in it. Ill call it, The Slaughterhouse and Wine Bar

Whatever the customer orders.

Porcelain, but as a chef I would probably focus on the food.

chicken parmesan