promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If you were a chef in a nice restaurant, what dishes would you make?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I would insist on making fresh seafood---its hard to get fresh seafood where I am--but not impossible-most places don't make the effort-and I am picky about my seafood.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • james
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Depends on what people eat in the area. Cheap eats is a good example. He is a master rice chef. Changes menu daily on some things. So a very cheap place to eat. Good rice. Next to the university so he packs in college students. A big plate of good tasting cheap food. That is filling. If at the old Dutch dock. Sea food or European food brings them in. Old stile food like sour dough bread with Tuna belly & split pea soup a local rhum drink with it. A Captains fare. On wooden ships. You need make your buyers happy.

• 8 months ago

Farm to table organic produce, items my customers have only heard of (or not) where they can experience them prepared well, high quality ingredients used in baking, no processed, cheaper substitutes.

• 8 months ago

Of course it would depend on what type of restaurant it was. But I enjoy making spinach quiche to impress people.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Pork fillet medallions in a mushroom & mustard sauce.

Teryaki belly pork with stir fried mushroom & chive noodles.

Goats cheese & red bell pepper quiche.

• 8 months ago

I was a chef in a nice restaurant. The chef makes what the owner wants served but a good owner will work with a chef to develop a delicious menu.

The restaurant I worked at was Alsatian and featured foods from Alsace, like potato galletes, rouladin, Rote kohl, braised kraut, spaetzle, Yeager schnitzel, kuchan, zacher torte, with other specialties the owner liked to try seasonally.

• CB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

None, I would make the sous-chefs do the work and I would bitchslap them when they messed up my recipes.

• ...Show all comments
    • CB
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Satire is lost on you - but if you have ever been is a high volume kitchen my comment isn't too far off the mark.

• 8 months ago

All meat based dishes. Even the vegetables will have bacon in it. Ill call it, The Slaughterhouse and Wine Bar

• 8 months ago

Whatever the customer orders.

• 8 months ago

Porcelain, but as a chef I would probably focus on the food.

• 8 months ago

chicken parmesan

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.