Why does sexual encounters among children sometimes cause trauma?

So I have recently had a situation arise with someone very close to me (let s say Sam for clarity) revealing something in their past. Another girl (same age) about 5-9 would touch her. It seems as if the other girl discovered that it felt good and would show sam and sam liked it to but knew it was wrong. It... show more So I have recently had a situation arise with someone very close to me (let s say Sam for clarity) revealing something in their past. Another girl (same age) about 5-9 would touch her. It seems as if the other girl discovered that it felt good and would show sam and sam liked it to but knew it was wrong. It recently surfaced and I dont quite understand why that would traumatize you years later as a adult. I m very emotionally connected to sam and love her very much so I dont need to here any outrage bullsh*t from people. I am trying to open a honest discussion so I can (and hopefully others) can understand. There is no information and honestly I domt know how many people really thought about this or just don t ask because of taboo... this obviously doesnt include pedos and situations where you dont want to do it and are forced (that s would fall under rape more)

Also if your comfortable any info on the affect you have now because of it, or any consequences experienced would help the discussion.

Plz be respectful to everyone it s a sensitive subject.
1 answer 1