Ive had three cases of mouth bacteria develop this year. What’s the cause?

I’ve had three different cases of mouth bacteria develop this year. Each time I’ve eaten at a restaurant. Different restaurants but ordered similar things. Salad with arugula and bottled tap water. I eat the salad and drink the pre-bottled tap water that the restaurants have placed on the table and almost immediately I notice a little tingle. Within 24 hours my tongue is covered in a white bacterial film. I always brush my teeth and use mouthwash and the white film lasts for 2-3 days. Does anyone have an idea why bottled tap water and arugula may be doing this to me? Or could it be poorly cleaned tableware at restaurants? It almost makes me not want to eat out ever again. That’s the only time it happens.

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

    I answered your question before that you might be allergic to something. A white coating on the tongue can be a sign of a number of things- it is NOT a symptom of being poisoned.

    "A thin white coating on your tongue is usually caused by a buildup of food particles, bacteria, and dead cells. Brushing both your teeth and your tongue regularly usually removes the buildup and restores your tongue's natural pink color.

    A creamy white coating on both your tongue and inside your cheeks is usually a sign of oral thrush, also known as Candida. Oral thrush usually happens when your immune system is weakened by an infection or if you have been taking antibiotics or steroid drugs. People with diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and those having cancer treatment are more likely to get thrush. It usually goes away by itself, but sometimes an antifungal drug is needed."

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    You may be allergic to the arugula. A simple food allergy test requested by your local doctor can help identify this. (And help you avoid arugula in the future!)

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Your mouth is ALWAYS full of bacteria. It's warm, wet and frequently has food, pretty much the perfect environment for growing bacteria.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.