Does anybody else rarely make macorini and cheese because its so expensive?

colby jack cheese, sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, mozarella.. then the milk creme eggs.. yeah.. its a special occassion meal for sure. yeah i need 4 different kinds for MY TASTE buds. i like soul food mac and cheese not that bland crap. I use sargento because it taste the best in my opinion. one bag isnt that much when you're using multiple cheeses creme and milk it adds up

Favorite Answer

But a few cheeseburgers at a fast food joint costs $7.

If you're making it regularly, each bag of cheese at $4 isn't that bad. That might mean with everything told, you can make 5 batches at $3 each. Feeding 4 people on $3 isn't expensive to me. If you really want to save, buy the bulk blocks, 5 pounds of each cheese for $20-ish depending.

If you can't get that kind of scope and want to see the light bill for the one batch, have the deli cut you just a 1/4lb of each type, although that might well cost about the same as the bag of pre-shreded.

It's expensive to make just about any recipe these days. If you want to make your mac dish, then do it.

Mac and Cheese does not have to be expensive. Just go to the deli and order a thick slice of this, that and the other cheese. Pasta can be bought on sale for $1.00.

I make mac and cheese but then I am not a pretentious twit who thinks eggs belong in mac and cheese.

I use Colby cheese milk and pasta easy cheap and tasty

I use Kraft mac&cheese deluxe. Yummy stuff. I only buy it when it is on special. Wouldn't really bother making my own sauce.

I just buy the dry mac with liquid cheese packs. Like 2 bucks, 1.50 on sale

I too love soul food Mac & cheese but I use whatever I have in the frig,But I usually have several cheeses as we eat a lot of cheese dishes.So o I never think of the expense.If I don't have enough I just cook something else.

Next time you want to make Mac-N-Cheese head to the deli counter and ask if they have "cheese ends" these are the ends of the large blocks of cheese that they slice up. The ends are small so they can not safely go through the slicer.

Take the chesse ends home and toss them in the food process or to blend them all. Make a white sauce, add as much cheese as you want.

Boil up the pasta, under bake by about 2 minutes.

Add the cheese sauce, pour into a casserole dish, top with a bit more of the cheese and bake until it is bubbly.

The cheese ends should cost no more than $3.00 a pound, the pasta less than $1.00 a bit of milk and flour and butter. Diner for between 4 and 6 for less then $10.00 half that if you don't use 2 pounds of cheese.

• .

I make it often, but I ue Kraft packaged from Costco, it is cheap that way