Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 months ago

How can I tell my co-worker I hate her?

She can be very rude and has been rude to me so many times since I've been working with her. Lots of my co-workers find her rude. She thinks she can do whatever she wants because she's been with the company for so many years. She often takes much longer breaks than she's supposed to and the managers look the other way. Recently I covered her "30 minute" lunch break and she was gone for an hour. The manager realized it and just shook her head and said to me, "This is ridiculous!" Then did nothing. If anyone else is gone one extra minute from a break they get yelled at. I wish I could just tell her how much I hate her, but then she might just kill me.

You do not go telling your coworker you hate her because that is immature and unprofessional.

The next time you are supposed to cover her break for 30 minutes, just do it for the 30 minutes, not an hour.

You wait until you're leaving that job then you send her an email outlining how unprofessional you think she is.

You're criticising her for being rude while asking for advice as to how to be rude to her?

You're both children. You should both resign and move back in with your parents.

why are you hating her--"she thinks she can take long lunches..." ummmm she CAN--because the managers let her---you should hate the managers!!

• Cogito

You don't.

That would be very rude and extremely childish.

Act like an adult and just deal with it.

I don’t advise telling her you hate her, you could tell her when you hand your notice in.

Instead of just telling her try challenging her when she does rude things. Your coworkers might stick up for you. Otherwise I can’t think of many ways to tell her.

Do you have any pictures of her? So I can see how scary she is.

:)

• Lita

You don't. You accept that life isn't fair and neither is the particular office culture where you are working but you don't tell her anything like you hate her. Act like an adult.

you dont tell her that, if you have a problem with her talk to your manager about it

• PAMELA

She won't kill you, but there is no point if the manager won't do anything, just do your work and go home, if you can't stand it look for another job.

That's when you start taking extra long breaks. I deal with poor management myself. If you can't beat them then join them and take advantage of their system. Hopefully you agitate your lousy co-worker in the process.