Why does college make me MISERABLE?

I'm 25 years old Civil Engineering major. I just transferred to a University this semester and I'm losing it. I took my first statics test yesterday and I know I failed. I'm gonna have to drop the class and take it again next semester. This is my 3rd year of college and nothing is different. I am in a... show more I'm 25 years old Civil Engineering major. I just transferred to a University this semester and I'm losing it. I took my first statics test yesterday and I know I failed. I'm gonna have to drop the class and take it again next semester. This is my 3rd year of college and nothing is different. I am in a constant state of stress/overwhelmed. During the semester, or anytime during the summer when I'm thinking about school. I cant get this frown off my face. I sit down to study and my heart starts racing. I don't enjoy life. I can't hold a conversation unless it's me spilling my depression onto some random person. I cant get interested about anything. I neglect things I need to do. I lost my license 8 months ago still haven't replaced it. I own a car that I wanted since I was 15 yet I neglect basic maintenance. I have a CDL in my pocket because I used to be a trucker, and everytime I look out the window in class I'm day dreaming about being out in the middle of ******* nowhere by myself driving a semi. I know trucking isn't a career. I know I need a degree. I'm just so pissed off and mentally unhealthy. 
I am living with some friends from HS and they are really trying. They love me and I believe I'm in the best situation I can be. If I make it through, it will be because of them. Does every college student go through this. Will it get better after college. I want to get this degree but I don't want to be 28 when I'm graduating, and be a broke miserable piece of ****.