Louis asked in HealthOptical · 10 months ago

Eye injury?

A glass jar broke when I drop it on the counter. I felt like something was in my eye afterward so I washed out my eye with water for 15 mins till I didn’t feel the object in my eye. I can see pretty normally but I don’t really feel pain. My eye just feels cold. Should I go get an eye exam done? Would a default eye exam tell me if I have some type of eye injury?

I'd see an ophthalmologist about this

You can usually feel a foreign object in an eye. The eye is much sturdier than people know. I had eye cancer and they sewed a gold plate on my eye with a dot of radioactive material on it for a week, then they unsewed it and later because my eye was full of blood they put one needle in it to put fluid in while they put another needle in it to suck the blood and fluid out. They literally changed my oil and I have had perfect vision for 15 years now.