Should I buy my friend a new hairdryer?

My roommate let me borrow her hairdryer because i needed it to dry my hair one day. She mentioned as she was giving it to me that it was super old and not that powerful. While I was using it, it suddenly just started making a weird noise and now it won't really work. My other roommate was in my room at the time... show more My roommate let me borrow her hairdryer because i needed it to dry my hair one day. She mentioned as she was giving it to me that it was super old and not that powerful. While I was using it, it suddenly just started making a weird noise and now it won't really work. My other roommate was in my room at the time and can testify that I was just blowing air onto my hair normally, I didn't drop it or do anything weird to it.

Obviously I'm telling my other roommate that it doesn't work, but should I offer to repay her for it-- even if I didn't break it & it was already not the best?