Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

'I dug a hole in my front lawn'. What do i buy to fill it back to normal?

'I dug a hole in my front lawn'. About the size of large suitcase. What do i put in there to fill it like before i dug the dirt out? Top Soil? I would say my front lawn is a typical front lawn ground in the northeast area of the US. Incidentally, i did not dig a hole, it was dug out by a vehicle's tires---no need to go into details, i just want to fill the hole..

• Tj

top soil is ok to fill in the hole

Fill the hole in with a couple of Grobags or good soil/compost and either plant some nice plants in it or sprinkle grass seed in it and your lawn will restore itself in time.

• In

Get fill dirt from just about anywhere to compact into the ruts, then cover lightly with potting soil and seed.

• ron h

at home depot or a plant nursery, buy a bag or two of peat moss or a mixed topsoil.  Use a shovel to mix it with dirt that's already there, Wet it really well and rake it to level it out before you put some seed on it.  Put some of the mixed dirt on top of the seed to hide it from the birds. 

Go to the hardware store and buy a bag of soil, tamp it down, water it and plant grass seed.

Top soil, but remember to tamp it down firm when you put it in or it'll slump and you'll get a dip in the lawn. Actually, you'll probably end up with a bit of a dip anyways, so you may need to repeat the process a couple of times to get it properly level.

Topsoil is fine. Also known as clean fill dirt.

Then say so. Some knarly bass turd(a drunk buddy) spun his tires and FORKED MY LAWN (We have all been there) How do I fix?

Simple, either you have a garden out back and you can steal the dirt out of the garden and put in the hole and pack it solid and basically flush with the surrounding lawn (water the dirt and it compacts down, then you need some grass seed ...if you can find a store that sells it in bulk then you need a couple of handfulls and you then scratch the moist surface and sprinkle the seed and if you have it put peat moss over it to retain the moisture...and the earth heat and the seeds will sprout and slowly the lawn will reappear. Just keep it moist. by daily watering. It is heading into fall so there is alot of heat in the earth so germination will happen. Next spring you will forget where the spot was.

Or you can fill the hole with green concrete and it will never happen again.

You can purchase bags of top soil at any large hardware supply warehouse.

• Dze

a couple of bags of cheap potting soil would do the trick ...