Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 10 months ago

My ex fiancée is lying about me?

She tells women that I’m going to use them then throw them away. “Like i did to her”. I did no such a thing. Her family broke the engagement and they destroyed the relationship. If she has to blame somebody, she can blame them. What can I do? She’s trying to ruin my reputation. Do I talk to her about this? She’s not being fair to me.

Sounds like you two didn't do the split properly. For instance, why does she even have access to the woman you're trying to date? Put some distance between the two of you and date people she doesn't know. Under the circumstances she and her family shouldn't even be in your social circle anymore.

• ?

Nothing you can do, people will talk. You can either prove her right or wrong by the way you conduct yourself.

• Trish

I don't see how her family can stop two adults from marrying. Are you being realistic? Talk to her and explain to leave the past in the past try to end things on good terms because it's still going on and it makes you both look bad.

• g

She doesnt have to "be fair." She's hurt and shooting her mouth off, possibly just trying to get/keep your attention. You have to live in a way that no one believes that kind of talk.

Ignore it.

If someone directly mentions it to you then say “that’s not true” and drop it. Don’t badmouth her in return.

If it’s REALLY interfering with your life to the point where you have difficulty finding a job or you’re getting harassing phone calls or something, then contact a lawyer to see if you can legally order her to stop.

• Jerry

Welcome to real life. What you do is accept that people, especially people who are angry, frightened, hurt or otherwise upset or distressed aren't going to be thinking much about whether or not they are being fair. So expecting fairness from an ex isn't a very reasonable expectation.

What you do is demonstrate by your behavior that you are not as she describes you. And consider that people who believe everything they hear are probably people you wouldn't to be around much anyhow.

It's interesting you blame other people for YOUR failed relationship.

There is nothing to talk to her about. She is entitled to her opinion about why the relationship ended and you are entitled to yours.

Her family didn't break the engagement. That simply isn't true because they do not have the power to do that. Adult women can marry at their own discretion even if it upsets their family. So right there your own version of the story has lost credibility.

Move on and don't be a pest. It's OVER.

nothing move on...........................

• 💜

No you shouldn’t talk to her. Let her fade away and don’t date women that she knows or that know her.