Is there anything i can do to make my laptop run faster again?

or is it just due to old age? i have a toshiba laptop p875-s7310 17" model. i got it holiday 2012. so it's seven years old. it still runs fine. but even when i try to open simple apps like chrome, excel, word, sometimes it can take a couple minutes to open, or even rarer freeze then crash and... show more or is it just due to old age?

i have a toshiba laptop p875-s7310 17" model. i got it holiday 2012. so it's seven years old.

it still runs fine. but even when i try to open simple apps like chrome, excel, word, sometimes it can take a couple minutes to open, or even rarer freeze then crash and reboot.

do i run disk cleanup? or some other tool?

other programs i have are iTunes, origin and some games like sims and roller coaster tycoon, steam and GOG galaxy. but i don't do heavy gaming on my laptop as I have a console.

but what can i do to make it seem run fast again? or is the programs themselves that need cleaning up in some way.

i do have virus protection McAfee and never had any such virus.