How is this lifestyle called? Opinions on living like this?

I don't know how its called but I know there are people who live like going place to place. They travel somewhere and find some random job there, work and enjoy life at the same time and when they feel like it they move to another place and do the same.

How is this life style called?

Do you think living like this is good or bad?

How can one start living like that?

Well I'm a bit of digital nomad. I am self employed with own retail website. I dont need to live in a particular place, I can live in different country every week. As long as I have a laptop and internet I'm getting paid.

They might be called migrants or travelers. This isn't recommended for people who aren't either retired or living on a trust fund because you're never able to put down roots and start planning for the future.

I think live life with respect is a good lifestyle.

You have to be single and pretty adventurous to do this regularly

Once in a while is ok according to me.

They're called gypsies in Europe. There used to be a group in the US called Irish Travelers. There are also migrant workers- mostly immigrants - who move for agricultural work as different crops are ready for harvest. The main problem is that apartments require leases. You'd need an RV to live in.

You could say Nomadic, or you could say normal life for some people. Many companies also send people to live in different cities/countries. If it was in retirement, that would be different.

The problem with that is you are working jobs that dont pay much and scraping by pay check to pay check. Do you really want to be 40 years old some day and still trying to do that? What if you fall and break your arm, how are you paying for it? That stuff happens to everyone sooner or later whether its that or soemthing else.

On top of that the economy is great right now and jobs are plentiful, but you cant always count on that. Cycles of the economy eventually have to turn lower whether its 1 year or 10 years from now, and those types of jobs dry up until it turns again.

Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call it what you will. I could see myself enjoying that lifestyle and even my work now could be made to be mobile. I have traveled extensively and have always enjoyed the experiences...for the most part.

• Dze

gypsie .. or drifter ... i think being settled with an actual home is a much better life ..

• Kyle

some sort of nomad style living?