Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 months ago

Did I stunt my growth?

I’m 17.5, 5’11 and my father is 6’2, my mother is 5’7, sister is 5’9 and little brother 5’10 and he just turned 14. I ate like **** half the time during my puberty, junk and fast food, got bad sleep, and still ended up 5’11 or 6’0. And I was a late bloomer, and I heard that late bloomers most of the time taller than average. My moms side of the family is tall, which explains her height, and I just met that side like 3 weeks ago. Some of them and 6’4/6’5, and the women are 6’1. And my dad was 6’2, so I don’t have to explain that one. My brother eats like **** too lmao and slept just like me but im assuming he’s an early bloomer. Could I have been around 6’5 if I slept well and ate right? I read that however much taller your mother is than the average female, is how much taller you will be than your father. I grew like an inch in the past year.

it would be a guess

Genetics are a crap shoot. You'd have to be starving, as in anorexia, to stunt your growth. If you are a late bloomer genuinely, you could gain an inch or two yet. As it is, you are still over average height.

• kelvin

no you have not

Oh yea, and I started growing when i was like 14. I don’t know if that’s a late bloomer but I was 5’4 at 14, 5’8 a year later, 5’10 when I turned 16.