Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 11 months ago

Will Islam destroy liberalism in the UK?

Islam is vehemently anti-feminist. Men are in charge in Islamic cultures.

Islam is pro-capital punishment.

Islam will suppress homosexuality, transgenderism and fornication.

Muslims have far higher birthrates than liberals.

If Islam rules the roost, you won't have half-naked women puking their guts up at 3am in the morning after being in nightclubs before going home to have sex with some guy they met 20 seconds ago.

• Biff

If half-naked women puking their guts up at 3am in the morning after being in nightclubs before going home (or just finding an alleyway) to have sex with some guy they met 20 seconds ago is "liberalism" it is liberalism the UK would be well rid of I should have thought.

Muslims do not care what others get up to in their life just as long as you don’t force them to follow it. Besides Arabs, Muslim men are not controlling and aren’t even home half the time to control anything. When I go shopping I see a lot of Arab women spending money freely so I don’t think their husband is that strict. My neighbours are Muslims and their husband do not control what they wear, when they go out, who they are speaking to or what they do. Otherwise I would never see them leave their home and they tend to go out a lot.

No. Far more Muslims in UK are embracing British values and ways than are following so-called 'traditional Muslim ways'.

• Rob

No, other way round. Liberalism erodes away hard right Islamic fundamentalism. We have a system of conformity and those that refuse to integrate are dealt with accordingly. The majority of Muslims living in the UK are not hard right fundamentalists and Muslims only account for less than 5% of the population.

What I found really funny is your last statement about half naked women puking their guts up ad 3am because literally the first person I think when I hear that is my friend Zai who is Muslim. And yes she is friends with me, a gay. I'm guessing you are someone who has never lived in a city or just doesn't get out much, only relying on sensationalist biased reports to form your opinion on an entire group of people.

If we divest away from fossil fuels it would pull the rug from underneath the Islamic extremists that are being propped up by market fundamentalists all over the developed world.

I had a lovely curry last night, so can't complain.

• Ludwig

No. That is the task of the Daily Mail.

No, there's no reason to think that Islam will have any effect on liberalism, it's a minority religion of only 5% of the country

No because it will never be the majority Religion and most Muslims that move to the west become more liberal down the generations

• Mark

You wouldn't think that Islam and Liberalism agree on anything in principle, if you think Libs have priciples, which I don't.

It has a detrimental effect on any country or culture if history is anything to go by.