Can the CIA track down Youtube channel users' location...?
- Richard JLv 711 months agoFavourite answer
The CIA can do pretty much do whatever they want too. Same way with any other Government security agencies
- Markus ImhofLv 711 months ago
Anyone who could get the neccessary subpoenas could do that, it's not limited to the CIA (or other TLA),
- subpoena YT for the IP address that was associated with this user at that time
- subpoena the ISP this IP belongs to for the user's billing data
and, if you used a VPN
- subpoena the VPN provider for the address translation between the YT access and the incoming request from the ISP
If you use TOR, they may even save on a couple of steps here - you may have been using an entrance/exit router thoughtfully provided, run and adminstered by the CIA or one of their friends.
- Anonymous11 months ago
Very easily, doesn’t matter if it’s a YouTube channel or some random gardening website.
Depending on the situation, they could just ask YouTube for the channel’s information