What should I do about this job?

I had my first interview for a job 7 weeks ago. I’ve had two interviews that I felt went well then didn’t hear back for awhile. But then I got a email my interviews went well and they are requesting a reference check. I submitted them and then didn’t hear back again it’s been 3 weeks. I’ve followed up twice and HR... show more I had my first interview for a job 7 weeks ago. I’ve had two interviews that I felt went well then didn’t hear back for awhile. But then I got a email my interviews went well and they are requesting a reference check. I submitted them and then didn’t hear back again it’s been 3 weeks. I’ve followed up twice and HR reported she’s waiting to hear back from the hiring manager. I’m trying to be patient but I can get a full time position at my old job because they have a opening and willing to take me back after I left to finish school. I emailed HR that I have another opportunity and I have to make a decision soon. It’s been two days and HR didn’t respond. I don’t want the other job to get filled while I’m waiting and end up not getting the other job but I really want this position that I’m waiting for and want to hear back from them first what should I do?
4 answers 4