Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 11 months ago

Why do people act like teen pregnancy is something new?

Back in the 80’s and 90’s it was VERY common for teens to be pregnant like LITERALLY.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

Omg, like literally? No. Way.

• 11 months ago

My mother would be 80 years old today and her mom was pregnant with her when she got married -- that was before 1939. Do you really think people weren't having sex years ago? lol

• 11 months ago

We don’t think it’s new. We think

It’s highly glamorized now.

• John P
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

And back in the 1800s, and back in the 1700s, etc, etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 11 months ago

No they don't. What's new about it ? In fact just the opposite. The only thing that IS surprising is that kids get pregnant even though they know all about the birds and the bees, and are fully aware of methods as to how NOT to get pregnant, and STILL end up with a bun in the oven.

Very obviously the sex educational system is a disaster for when the patter of little feet are expected, the prospected parents complain loudly as though they have been badly done to.

Isn't it about time that the education authorities faced the reality of the situation and decided where the system was in need of some hard improvement, or whether it should just be scrapped altogether.

• 11 months ago

As oppose to figuratively?

• 11 months ago

Do they?

I haven't noticed that they do.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

I don't think people act like teen pregnancy is something new.

• 11 months ago

It’s definitely not new, but it seems absurd in a modern society where birth control is readily available, where in earlier times, it was also stigmatized and less available.

• 11 months ago

Do they?

Really, I think that anyone who entertains the idea that teen pregnancy is something new, and not something that has been around for as long as humans have existed, is very foolish.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.