Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Husband and wife dispute question?

My husband and I have 1 son together a 7 year old and I have been dealing with secondary infertility. We have agreed that we were going to try Infertility treatments to have a second baby. My husband told me you’re going to show respect to me before we have more kids I agreed. The next day I was running late for work and didn’t have time to make him breakfast ( my husband doesn’t work but he is a landlord and we have roommates that stay on the outside of our home and that’s how he makes money) well my husband was pissed off and told my I’m a liar and not showing him respect like I said I was. He told me he didn’t want to do the stupid infertility treatments and don’t want to have more kids with me because I’m a stupid liar and good luck. I’m so hurt over this. What should I do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So you're in an emotionally abusive relationship and you're actually considering having a second child. That's a bit ridiculous. Unless you hope to live your life as his doormat (and eventual punching bag) you'll tell him that he joins you in marriage counseling or you'll be filing for divorce. Never ever ever compound a horrific marriage by bringing even more kids into what's very likely to end in a broken family. It's probably a godsend at this point that you can't have a second child because this guy is the type who's going to kill you someday if you don't adjust the trajectory of your marriage.

• 2 months ago

If he is home all day why isn't he not only making his own breakfast, but yours as well? So he wants respect? How about showing you how respect is done?

In a marriage respect should be a mutual thing.

• 2 months ago

Be thankful you are not going to have a second child with this man who is acting like a baby.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sorry, but your hubby is acting like a spoiled child.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • n2mama
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You should thank your lucky stars that you get to see how he is before having another child with him. He doesn’t work, yet demands you prepare his food, and when you don’t then he calls you names and is insulting in the most painful way possible given what you are currently going through. What an ***. Surely you realize you can do better than this boorish dolt of a man.

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh dear. You didn't make him breakfast? Poor guy! How is he supposed to get food in him, now that his hands are obviously broken, making it impossible for him to make himself even just a simple sandwich?!

Lady, my kids (5 and just 7) manage to fix their own breakfast. So unless you married a 4 year old, I'm sure he doesn't need you to feed him. In fact if anybody should make the other person breakfast, HE should be making YOU breakfast, seeing that you're the one who works outside the home.

What this man is demanding of you isn't respect. It's servitude. He is using your desire to have another child, this struggle with secondary infertility, to blackmail you into being his good little slave. 

• B-Dub
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Divorce comes to mind first, as a man like that doesn't respect his wife to speak to her like that. Even if you were fine with being responsible for making him breakfast, it's okay if he is upset and disappointed that he didn't get breakfast, but expressing his feelings like that is unacceptable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.