Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 11 months ago

What does the phrase "kill it with kindness" mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

I drew you a diagram:

Attachment image
  • RP
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Instead of being nasty or revengeful, kindness is often a more effective response to one who has wronged or alienated a person.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

If you "kill someone with kindness," you disarm them. You take away the weapon of their anger because they become aware they are not able to hurt you with it. It may not convert an enemy into a friend, but it can make the enemy lose interest in fighting with you because you choose not to fight back. "Turning the other cheek" can drain the aggressiveness out of a potential opponent.

• 11 months ago

not literally kill, but make the bad "die" and disappear by doing only good to it never mind what it does to you. A somewhat Christian idea: do not respond in kind, only do good deeds and you will eventually win. Refuse to descend to their level of bad or hatred. Be nice and conquer through love.

You will not win by returning the same sort of garbage treatment they are shoving at you. You will just become the same as them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

The phrase is "kill him (or her) with kindness." It means being too nice to someone but it has different meanings. It could refer to spoiling a child, or being too cloying to a loved one. It could mean dealing with a rude person by being overly polite in hopes that they'll see the error of their ways. It could mean lulling an adversary into a sense of false security. It could mean indulging someone in their bad habits.

In fact, I'd avoid it. It's too confusing.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

I'm not a horny af and I cheated

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.