The most annoying thing is when you're down and out and someone says, look on the bright side, you're alive! Alive and suffering!? Gtfoh?

• .

Look on the bright side is something I've never said to anyone. Its quite obvious, even to a scarecrow, that the bright side of my life might be nothing like what is expected of whoever (if I did) I said that too.

Yeah but if you're alive you can eat cake, and who isn't happy when they're eating cake?

I do find that a dumb statement when they say that, my friend.

• Peter

You will look on the bright side if you subscribe to Peter Chao

Suffering is relative. My suffering is severe pain and eventual paralysis from a spine injury and everybody has something they have to bear. Instead of focusing on degrees of suffering, let's just agree that while circumstances can be very different, each of us feel the same way toward whatever our greatest suffering is and try not to make it worse for each other.

• CAB

Then when we ignore you you complain about that too. There's no pleasing you, is there?