Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

Is it gaslighting if a certain someone told you to move on as it's been years after you have problems with him or her in the past?

Especially if this is in a casenof romantic relationship.

The person tried to tell everyone we're close with on social media about how our relationship did not work as she played the victim. Problem is, many of our mutual feiends supported her without knowing my side of story. She is the type of person who asked my why I did not congratulate her in her graduation day or even comforted her when her grandma passed away as if they are a requirement. But she did not even do the same thing to me. She even wanted me to move to a different state from where she lives but she did not even meet my family, friends, know my job position, etc.

She also surprisingly went into my house p*ssed off to invite me to our "high school reunion" at the nearest mall before these. When I arrived there, she was with her cousins instead of our schoolmates where she lashed out against me and told me her grievances like about her graduation day and her grandmother's death while her cousins were listening.

chris n: sorry, that should be 5 stars on your answer

I don't know about gaslighting - that's just a fancy term. She is your EX. Therefore treat her as that. Do NOT engage with her in any way because you are just prolonging the slanging match. Just because SHE wants to keep connections open with you (for whatever reason), YOU shouldn't rise to the bait. As for the mutual friends who have chosen her 'side' without checking yours....well it's sorted out your real friends for you hasn't it. Do NOT defend yourself - just remove yourself from the whole business and get on with your new life. If anyone actually asks you personally about her face to face, just reply that she is your Ex and you have no more interest in the subject.

• Seff

That's not gaslighting nor gangstalking

No that is not good behavior but it is not gas-lighting.

Gaslighting is a horrible kind of abuse people can dish out to try an get a person to doubt themselves.

One of the worst things a person can do. There are MANY ways but I will try to give you an idea of what it is with an example, An example would be .....oh ...say a man is trying to make his wife think she may be crazy.

He might do things like take her keys from her and not tell her , and let her look for them everywhere.....and even "help" her look ,after she is frustrated and very upset and wondering what could have happened to them,

He may walk into the room where she is and hold them out to her and tell her she must be crazy because he found them next to her purse, where she had to have seen them and ask her what in the world is wrong with her etc etc etc.

I could give lots more examples but that should give you at least an idea of what gaslighting is.

• CAB

Stay far far away from this person. It isn't worth the trouble.

Disengage.