Fiance’s Mum promised us his grandmother’s ring when we married but gave it to her daughter in law, can I ask for it back?

When my fiance’s Grandmother died, his mum, Anna, promised him and his brother Jo one of their grandmothers rings to give to their future spouse and were allowed to pick one. He chose a sparkly sapphire one, it’s gorgeous. When Jo got married, he and his wife Jess had their rings stolen the night before the wedding... show more When my fiance’s Grandmother died, his mum, Anna, promised him and his brother Jo one of their grandmothers rings to give to their future spouse and were allowed to pick one. He chose a sparkly sapphire one, it’s gorgeous.
When Jo got married, he and his wife Jess had their rings stolen the night before the wedding as someone had broken into their house. In their typical fashion, neither were particularly bother about it because it was just a thing and to them it was more important to get married. At the wedding before Jess came down the aisle, Anna gave the best man (Jo’s best friend) one of the rings she was wearing - my ring!
Jo has tried to give Jess the ring he chose, but she told Anna to keep hold of it because she often wears it and it’s incredibly sentimental to her as it was her mother’s engagement ring with the tiniest diamond I’ve ever seen. It’s now written in her will that Jess will get that ring.

I really don’t think this is fair that Jess has ended up with two of the rings and I don’t have anything. It was promised to us, it shouldn’t have gone to Jess. Jess and Anna are very close. I’ve tried getting to know Anna but she always comes me to Jess which isn’t fair, I don’t have the world falling at me feet because I’m beautiful and blonde. Anna and I have also had a falling out because she thought we were rushing into marriage at 25 despite Jo and Jess married at 21.
Can I ask for it back or ask them to replace it? We can’t afford to buy a new ring