Can my landlord be held liable? Do i have a potential lawsuit on my hands?

I had a water pipe burst underneath the bathroom sink in my apartment that i’m currently leasing. I finally got the water to the house shutoff after 3-5 minutes of water pouring from the wall beneath the sink and into the house. I got second degree burns while my arm was briefly exposed to scalding water while... show more I had a water pipe burst underneath the bathroom sink in my apartment that i’m currently leasing. I finally got the water to the house shutoff after 3-5 minutes of water pouring from the wall beneath the sink and into the house. I got second degree burns while my arm was briefly exposed to scalding water while trying to shutoff the water under the sink. We eventually got the water shutoff for the entire house down in the basement, although having never needed to do that before I had difficulty finding this lever. To what extent is my landlord responsible here? What compensation, if any, am I entitled to?