I used the wrong browser to take an online test. What is the penalty for it?

I was supposed to use lockdown browser but I accidentally logged into blackboard and started the test in firefox. It wasn't until after I had started the test that i realized i was using the wrong browser but the timer had already started and I couldn't go back. After I submitted the test, I emailed my professor explaining the situation. I know it was very stupid of me to not pay attention but I'd never used that browser before. Any comment regarding what I will expect for the rest of this semester is appreciated! I am super stressed out!

So you used the wrong browser. At least you owned up to the professor. The decision on this will be at his discretion but I wouldn't worry so much. To err is human and all you did was run a test in a non-secure browser. A mistake you won't make again I'm sure.

The penalty would probably be up to the professor or your school's disciplinary board. The fact that you were able to take the test at all means there's no technical measure to prevent anyone from doing so, and likely no log for auditing, so other people could probably have done the same. I would think being honest about the situation would get you off with at most a retest or alternate assignment, but again, I'm not your school / professor.

I feel how you did the test doesn't make a difference….but it is a safety method to use lockdown for it is away not to have cheating going on which can happen easily otherwise....