Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Could my anxiety be spiritually related?

I just have a feeling that something bad is about to happen

Favorite Answer

Christians know that their scriptures tell them "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7). And, "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

You do not say if you have any spiritual beliefs, let alone whether you are a Christian or not, but I encourage you to consider biblical advice to Christians. God cares for those who belong to Christ by faith, and the Holy Spirit is our Comforter.

Anxiety is lack of faith and trust in God (for Christians). If we allow this godless world to influence us, we will become very anxious indeed, for it bombards us with negative horror stories, whilst the godless entertainment industry tries to immerse us in self-centered materialism. The world afflicts billions with anxiety, but Christians would point people to the peace of God, freely given to those who pray to Him with what's troubling them (real troubles - not imagined ones) and who leave their anxieties at the foot of the cross. Of course, you first have to believe that Jesus died on that cross to deliver you from darkness, slavery to sin, and hopelessness. Show trust in that provision of grace, and God's peace will become your experience.

• Annsan_In_Him

Everard, I said that as an observation which caused me to wonder. The asker may well be a Christian. Equally, perhaps not. Irrespective, the Bible's advice on anxiety is sound, for whoever puts it into practice - cast your anxieties on God for He cares for us. Have you ever tried doing that? Curious

sure, but it can also be a manipulation of drugs of mind control even with behavioral stimulation.

• Retief

It is called anxiety and it has nothing to do with spirituality.

It's just paranoia.

• Misty

What you are experiencing is what happens to people that follow a fear based religion.

Sure ... the christer religion is based.in FEAR.

Suck up to bibel-god or else.

I'm surprised any of you can sleep.

~

• Everard

He wouldn't be asking here if he didn't think it was related.
      Feel a bit threatened by my views?

Sorry 😎
      ~

Sure it can, but no matter what you do

or how many times you recite Jake's Rosary ... your anxiety won't go away.