Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 11 months ago

If you were polite & said “hi” when starting work to a younger work colleague & they ignored you would you keep saying hi?

Yes they saw you

No, you did not interrupt them

You are always polite

• PAMELA

Stop saying hi to them then! simple

I don't know HOW you're saying hi. If someone clearly doesn't want to talk to you, the best thing is to walk briskly past them saying 'Hi!' as you pass but without pausing or trying to catch their eye.

In the evening reverse the process, saying 'Bye', maybe add 'See you tomorrow', but again, don't pause, don't catch their eye.

This way YOU are still polite but with the absolute minimum effort.

I had a situation like that with a coworker who ignored everyone in the morning. I kept saying good morning, while she walked past looking at the floor. I looked at her the whole time as she walked past. She must have felt it.

I did not want to be the rude one, and I felt better, while she must have felt worse for ignoring me.

i wouldnt waste my time with someone like that

• `

This isn't a personality contest. You're there to do your job. Don't worry about it.

hes a dick don't talk to him

nope--had an older colleague who would do this all the time...so I just stopped addressing her in any way...funny how she suddenly started to want to chat with me....

Yes. They are probably speechless due to my good looks.

• Sandy

start ignoring them and see how they like it. that is SOOOO ill-mannered! it just makes me hate that person. and watch your back. people like that will stab you in it.

Probably not........