I got a traffic citation i dont have problem paying it but do i have to go to court? what happens to my license and insurance?pic down👇🏻?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nah. If it is a parking violation or something like that, the sooner you pay it, they give you a discount by almost half. This induces people to pay the fine than waiting for billing in the mail to say they must pay it and sending a collection agency after you. Because they will get their money, because they will not issue you your insurance or registration or anything to do with a car as they FORK with you and make your day bad.

. That is the capitalist system. Communists; they make you EAT YOUR CAR.

• 5 months ago

You normally only have to go to court if you're contesting the citation. If you're just going to hold your hand up and pay the citation should tell you what to do.

• 5 months ago

It depends on what that citation was (which you didn't say), what is already on your driving record (which you didn't say), and who your insurance company is (which you didn't say). And I'm not opening the link.

Believe it or not, there are no international laws governing traffic violations and insurance rates.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Usually, nothing happens to your license or insurance in case of a minor traffic violation.Signing a violation is just an "agreement to appear" later and you go on your way - it's not an admission of guilt or innocence.. Look on the back of the citation that you were given. It will show you the amount of the fine for the offense you're charged with and the address of the court that you can mail your fine to, if you want to, and you don't have to appear in court. However, if you do that, by paying the fine, it will amount to a plea of "guilty.". Most people just pay the fine, and forget about it.

If you're given a citation for a SERIOUS offense (such as driving while drunk or very excessive speed), you WILL have to appear in court and plead your case. If, after hearing testimony, the court finds you guilty, you'll receive a hefty fine, your DL might be suspended, and it will impact your insurance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you pay it, it's the same as pleading guilty, and it's over. In some states the next step is to ask for traffic school, then the violation doesn't go on your record and raise your insurance rates. I haven't gone to traffic school in years, because it is eight hours of boredom. If you get the booklet form, or the online form, it's faster and cheaper.

• May
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Most of the time you would be able to plead guilty and post a bond for the fine and not have to go to court. What does your citation say?

You will be notified if they suspend your license. You will know if your insurance rates go up at your next renewal date. If your insurance will cancel you, you will find out soon.

• 5 months ago

Tells you exactly what to do on the ticket. If you don't understand it get someone to read it and explain it to you.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

you just have to pay it, can probably do it online, thats it. You only go to court when you dont pay it

• Amber5 months agoReport

Did u look at the picture?

• Jay
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

i literally already told you what to do. if you want to be a moron and pay it then go right a f­uckin head. just know the consequences of doing so and that you will be giving money to the fascist government

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.