promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

There's over 7 thousand million people in the world. Only about 10 percent of them are believing, practicing Christians......?

Christians, why has Christianity failed so badly to convince people?

Are you happy with being such a tiny minority in the world?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yep, a tiny little minority that completely deluded by ancient superstition.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Actually, my church doesn't rely on convincing people. It prefers to let the Holy Ghost convert people.

And we won't be a minority for very long. My church is flourishing.

Attachment image
  • 8 months ago

Jesus Himself did not convert everyone he met, therefore the truth never has been, nor ever will be in the majority. The comforting thing that remains is that one individual on the side of God is in the majority.

• Jesus said the road to destruction is broad and spacious and the majority of people are on it. Only a great crowd will survive Armageddon.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

The normal breakdown is 2.2 billion people out of the 7.6 billion call themselves Christian or are called Christian by others. That number is highly exaggerated as most people who call themselves Christian do not attend churches regularly. When it comes to practicing Christians, the number is about 10-15% of the claimed total.

• 8 months ago

“But, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)

Most advanced Christian theologians believe Christianity will undergo a kind of "crucifixion on Earth". . In other words towards the end of the world Christianity will become very weak, it will be attacked, it will bleed out (we are the mystical Body of Christ, after all). Then at the end of the world when almost all hope seems lost there will be there the Resurrection, the victory of Christ at the 2nd coming. So a weakened Christianity or non-practicing Christians doesn't disprove Christianity at all, it agrees with what Christian theologians have been saying for centuries and centuries

• 8 months ago

We Christians already know we're few. The bible tells us that. But it's about right and wrong. God's words are true. It's better to among the few and be right, then among the many and be wrong.

• 8 months ago

LOL .. Religions tend to disappear because people are more educated nowadays. Religions are medieval stories after all ...

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Well, isn't it something like 95% of all people on the planet believe in some form of a higher power...so that's something I guess.

• 8 months ago

It's actually closer to 80,000 thousand people.

The Catholic Church claims 1,000 million adherents. I am still counted as one of those adherents even though I'm an atheist, so that means the true figure is, at most, 999,999,999.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

That's a lot of superstitious people but the other superstitious people

have a better superstition .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.