Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 8 months ago

If I was so large that the distance of my foot was 1 light year across, if I started walking, would I be faster than the speed of light?

No. Your foot is not a totally rigid body. When your leg muscle pushes the heal if your foot, a compression wave would move thru your foot at the speed of sound. Your toes would nor move for many years.

Same thing happens if you push or pull pnr end of a stick a light year long. The other end does not move for many years.

Think how massive your foot would be if it were that large (your foot would extend far beyond the solar system). Think how much force it would require to actually take a step, you would not be able to move rapidly enough to exceed the speed of light. The answer is no, and special relativity remains valid.

• oubaas

Pls stop writing nonsense !!!!

If you were this large, yet still asking questions that violate the rules of physics, you would be an extremely big DH.

No. Your mass becomes infinite at the speed of light IN A VACUUM. Stop trying to rewrite the laws of physics.

You would die because you don't have oxygen

• Dixon

No .